Ian Cooper MSc DMS
Ian has extensive experience gained, initially, from a long
career in the financial services sector with Abbey National supplemented with 14 years as an independent management and training consultant and interim manager.
His early training was in branch management but his diverse career has included:
- Training Management & Delivery – he established a new regional training function (serving around 500 people) covering all aspects of branch activity, sales management, coaching and management development.
- Training Design – controlled the activity of the Special Projects Team designing Distance Learning and training for major IT installations.
- Area Sales Manager – he managed more than 100 staff to achieve quality, service, sales and business targets whilst maintaining legal and procedural compliance
- Coaching – developed the sales and leadership competence of advisers, graduate trainees and management teams.
- Project Leadership – doubled the operational capacity of the telesales operation in Bournemouth, supported business & cultural integration following a corporate merger.
- Operations Management – led the growth and development of a new administration site looking after 250,000 customers, 50,000 new applications a year and 500+ staff.
Ian formed his own consultancy in 2001 in order to undertake short-term operational management contracts, consultancy and training assignments in a variety of sectors (see below).
Ian lives with his wife, Lyndall, and dog, Zac... he enjoys travel, walking, the theatre, writing, photography and art, good food, wine and malt whisky.
His offering has now been refined to focus upon the areas that make the optimum use of his experience and his ability to develop individuals and to make things happen…enabling you to get the best out of yourself, your people and your business.
Ian has an MSc degree in Management (majoring on Change Leadership) and a Postgraduate Diploma in Management Studies from the Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen.
He is a past Associate Member of the Institute of Training & Development and holds the CIB Certificate for Financial Advisors, although that was quite a long time ago now.
See list of clients since 2001